This And That Podcast

Sunday, August 28, 2005

08/27/05 This And That Podcast

08/27/05 Podcast (Show Number 28)

56 minutes | 36.8 MB



Next week is Labor Day. So we wrote the first (that we have heard of anyways) Labor Day Song. We talk about some movies, heavy drinking, Pat's boob devices, office observations, the jerk-o-meter, the genre of the week and Dave's audio column. This week we ran out of time for the Dallas minute but we have groovy things planned this fall. Oh yes, a 7-11 update from Pat! Sorry about the long show. I don't know how this happens...


Please vote for us on Podcast Alley through the button above (if you think we deserve your vote). It's a tiny effort but means a great deal for this little podcast. Also, do make sure to vote for the other podcasts you really like!

Show Notes:

Labor Day!
     * New Original Song: "Labor Day Weekend"
Pat's New Breastal Toys
Raves
     * Grizzly Man
     * Dolls
     * Six Feet Under Season Finale
Heavy Drinking at Starbucks
Pat's Disengagement Issues
     * Israelisms
Jeff's Office Observations
Pat's Jerk-O-Meter
Genre Of The Week: Philly Soul
Dave's Column: Rectal Rocket
     * Random Digressions
Tommy Lee Goes To College
     * Borderline
Pat's 7-11 Update
Thanks and Acknowledgements
     * Podcast Pickle
     * Radio Filibuster
     * Whole Lot Of Nonsense
     * Airferg
     * dconstruction.org
     * Rev Up Review
Prologue: A Jeff Cover Song from 2003 "Wake Up"


Check out our new online store at CafePress (cheap prices! - we make $0 on each item sold! lol)

6 Comments:

  • At August 30, 2005 , Blogger Charley W. said...

    HILARIOUS!! Pat, the disengagement bit was outstanding. Plus...you even got my LAST name right! Thanks for the sincere effort in the pronunciation department, Jeff. And I didn't think the show was long at all. Love you guys.

    Charley from Israelisms

     
  • At August 30, 2005 , Blogger Ferg said...

    Jeff,

    About apologizing for a long show - to whom are you apologizing? Perhaps you're apologizing to yourself for creating more work editing and such.

    Anyways, loved the show. I truly enjoyed the labor day song. I mean, it's no bad Beatles cover, but good in its own right.

    As for the constant attention to Pat's (removable) boobs, it's very clear that the sexual tension was so think in there you could cut it with a knife...you're treading very close to Dawn and Drew territory there....

     
  • At August 30, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, here's what happened with the "implants". After the show, Jeff and I went to have lunch. On our way back, Ira Glass was on with "This American Life" and I HAD to finish listening to his show. So, I didn't go back into Jeff's house for the pictures, but we will post them. I'll try to include pics of me 'before' and 'after' but if they don't come out making me look good, then I won't post them.

    Charley, I'm glad you liked the Gekko story. You sort of gave me the idea in a round about fashion.

    And Ferg, really, Jeff and I are more like brother and sister, with me being the smarter sibling, of course.

    Pat

     
  • At August 30, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pat--
    The spray nylons that you mentioned are actually called "Air Stocking" I saw them not on Oprah but on the TODAY show, the "beauty expert" claimed she sprayed it all over her body because "it makes her skin feel so soft". Its hydrolyzed silk and is water-resistant. Sounds interesting, haven't tried it myself but I do know it's available at Sephora. (In case you--or Jeff ;o)--are interested) Perhaps you could finish off your new Barbie like bod (from the cleavage enhancers) with some hydrolyzed silk skin. Woohoo!
    Great podcast as always!
    *smiles*
    DCTanya

     
  • At August 31, 2005 , Blogger Brad P. from NJ said...

    See... I've got not much to say after the breastal implants. I'm just getting this image of Pat getting all hot and sweaty and seeing her boobs wander all over her chest... (mad giggling)... okay, now I can start talking again.

    "Grizzly Man" was discussed on Leonard Lopate... and Werner Herzog, the director, discussed how he put all the video together, and what he saw. The guy, Timothy Treadwell, was kinda messed up. I didn't remember his name either, but his name is on the WNYC story. http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/episodes/08122005

    Jeff... Sometimes a gecko is just a gecko.
    Pat... maybe he wants to see the low-cut shirt?

    Break room foraging is how I got through my first few years of marriage. We were so broke, Lance Anderson calls it "snickers broke", that I could barely afford to bring lunch, let alone buy it... and break room foraging got me through those lean years. Now, I never ate half-eaten things, but I've eaten my share of cold pizza and roast beef sandwiches. You see, I discovered that Roast Beef usually doesn't have mayo on it... hence, no dangerous mayo of death. I'd have other types of sandwiches if the toppings were on the side, though.

    Next week's, or maybe the week after, genre: Girl-Band Hard Rock/Punk - 'ala Kitty, Catfight, Bikini Kill, MoxieChaos? Let me know, and I'll send over some non-RIAAA compliant mp3 samples.

    I love the addition of Dave's audio column. His humour fits well into the PodCast... good choice, guys and g... female peoples.

    Thanks for the shout-out guys... I appreciate the comment. What do I have to do to get phone sex from Pat? Or at least just a recording of the phone sex for use in my PodCast?

     
  • At August 31, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pat - no "enhanced" photos? I'm beginning to wonder if these breastal toys are nonexistent and just a ploy to bump up the show ratings. Don't toy with us! ;)

    Jeff - glad you got to see where myself and the rest of the Borderline gang matriculated. (Oh, wait... they didn't show *that* part of town. Dirty! hehe.) I still have not seen the Tommy Lee show, but it's good to know that our college came off okay in the midst of such a crummy show.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home